Tuesday, March 07, 2006

NO ONE OWES ME ANYTHING - I OWE MYSELF!

Editorial
By Herb Green
========================
This posting is not meant to offend anyone;
but is merely written as an editorial to wake up certain individuals.
========================
I hate “NIGGERS”! I really hate “NIGGERS”! Yes, I said it and I meant it. I am African American and I truly hate “Niggers.” You see, the word “Nigger,” though often misused to stereotypically demean Blacks, encompasses all races, genders, colors, creeds, religions, and ethnicities. Simply put, “Niggers” are people who are ignorant because of their lack of self-initiated motivation and their desire to remain that way. “Niggers” sit back and wait for things to be handed to them. They blame others for their own self-inflicted miseries and misfortunes - it is never their fault.
==========
Like misery, “Niggers” cluster together – desperately seeking the comfort and company of others with similar attitudes, goals, and disruptive qualities. They are blinded by their own delusions of grandeur and cannot see the folly of their methods until it is too late. They live for the moment and never give thought to the future.
==========
Niggers” want to possess for free the things, both tangible and intangible, that you and I have worked long and hard to earn. They look for shortcuts, the quick fix, or the easy way out; and refuse to put forth any real effort on their own. They incorrectly think that lying, stealing, and cheating are the justifiable means to achieve the ends of which they desire.They pretend to know things that they don’t and refuse to learn anything new that does not immediately benefit them. “Niggers” are not self-reliant but easily abandon those intangible tools that are necessary to obtain the tangible assets they desire. “Niggers” don’t have a life; they don’t live – they only exist. They feel that the world and everyone in it owes them something because they didn’t ask to be here.
==========
I didn’t ask to be here either but I thank God that I am here. I am glad to be in America and, more importantly, I am glad to be alive. It is truly a blessing to be in the land of the living. I was born and raised in the ghetto and have been climbing the rough-side of the mountain for many years. I had my share of successes and failures. I have fought many discriminatory battles and have prevailed because of my persevering efforts. I have felt the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. I still have my share of ups and downs.
==========
I am a sixty-four-year-old African American who is still alive and I have not given up. As I achieve one goal, I set another. The famous entertainer, James Brown, once said, “I don’t want nobody to give me nothing. Open up the door and I’ll get it myself.”
==========
Life has taught me that education is the key that will open any door. Life has also taught me the value of a good education and how blessed I am to have the opportunity to receive it. I know the price of my education was paid through the pain, suffering, and the deaths of my ancestral freed-slaves. Those brave African American men and women knew the priceless value of an education and risked physical punishment to obtain it. I inherited the right to an education, and I refuse to nullify this legacy and allow the heroic efforts of my ancestors to be in vain by not obtaining all the education that is necessary and available for my success.
==========
Life has given me the recipe for success. Education is the necessary ingredient to obtain knowledge, and knowledge must be seasoned with experience to create wisdom, but – before wisdom can be applied, it must be simmered to understanding.
==========
Even though I hate “Niggers,” I would never call anyone that. I won’t use the “N” word at all. I don’t have to – because you know who you are. However, if you are a “Nigger,” you don’t have to remain being one. The doors of opportunity are open and success is out there. All you have to do is be willing to go and get it.
==========
It is my heartfelt wish that everyone will reach the pinnacle of success that they desire. I hope you reach yours, but if you don’t, that’s on you. As for me, God willing, I am going to reach mine, because… no one owes me anything – I owe myself.
========================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home